I'll start with the story then ask the question. I have an 07 a4 Avant with the 2.0T. Normally I have the car serviced at the only place I trust down state (Michigan). Long story short I changed the oil and used a NAPA Gold filter instead of waiting. 4000 miles into that oil change my oil pressure light comes on (spring time, car warmed up and cruise set). By the time I could get off on the shoulder it was too late (the motor was knocking). I called my shop and he already new what the problem was, sure enough I had it towed there. They checked and the oil filter cartridge looked like a crushed beer can.
They said they see a lot of that in the "cheaper filters". Has anyone here heard of this potential problem? The findings by NAPA/WIX said it was a problem with the car and not the filter. I guess at a minimum at least it's a heads up. With the price of a new long block I will never make that mistake again.
Any knowledge in this area would be appreciated.
They said they see a lot of that in the "cheaper filters". Has anyone here heard of this potential problem? The findings by NAPA/WIX said it was a problem with the car and not the filter. I guess at a minimum at least it's a heads up. With the price of a new long block I will never make that mistake again.
Any knowledge in this area would be appreciated.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire