jeudi 24 avril 2014

A6 misfire/shaking ECM light on

Hi all,



Yesterday my 2004 6 suddenly began sputtering, the ECM light went on, and the rpms were going up and down automatically. The car could barely be driven.



I did some research last night and learned that Audi remedied this issue via a coil recall. When I looked through my records, I found Audi replaced all of my coils per this recall in 2010 (I had forgotten because I went into have something else serviced in 2010 and learned about the recall then...I had no issues until this week).



My question to those on the Forum is: Do you all think my 2010 coils (post recall) went bad? Or do you think there is another issue that caused the car to sputter, rpm up and down, and put up an ECM warning? I'm trying to arm my mechanic with as much info possible. He is a good guy, but probably doesn't have time to research this as deeply as I do. I want to point him in the right direction. Audi told me today that there "probably about 50 other things" that could cause this issue. I don't believe them.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire